Advantages of Unified Modeling Language
The Unified Modeling Language (UML) is a modeling language for specifying, visualizing, constructing, and documenting the artifacts of a system-intensive process.
- Inside a system-intensive process, a web development technique is applied as a procedure to derive or evolve a system.
- As a language, it is utilized for communication. That is, a means to detain skill about a subject and express skill regarding the subject for the idea of communication.
- As a modeling language it mainly focused on understanding a subject through the formulation of a model of the subject. The model embodies skill regarding the subject, and the suitable web development application of this knowledge comprises intelligence.
- Considering unification, it combines the information systems and technology industry’s best engineering carry out across types of systems, domains, and life-cycle processes.
- As it applies to identify systems, it can be utilized to communicate “what” is needed of a system, and “how” a system might be launched or implemented.
- As it engrosses to visualizing systems, it can be utilized to visually portray a system before it is launched.
- As it engrosses to constructing systems, it can be utilized to guide the realization of a system similar to a “blueprint”.
- As it applies to documenting systems, it can be used for capturing knowledge about a web development system throughout its life cycle.
The UML is not:
- A visual programming language, but a visual modeling language.
- A tool or repository specification, but a modeling language specification.
- A process, but enables processes.
The UML is an evolutionary general-purpose, broadly applicable, tool-supported, and industry-standardized modeling language.
- As a general-purpose modeling language, it focuses on a set of concepts for acquiring, sharing, and utilizing knowledge coupled with extensibility mechanisms.
- As a broadly applicable modeling language, it may be applied to different types of systems (software and non-software), domains (business versus software), and methods or processes.
- As a tool-supported modeling language, tools are readily available to support the web development application of the language to specify, visualize, construct, and document systems.
- As an industry-standardized modeling language, it is not a proprietary and closed language but an open and fully extensible industry-recognized language.
The UML enables the capturing, communicating, and leveraging of strategic, tactical, and operational knowledge to facilitate increasing value by increasing quality, reducing costs, and reducing time-to-market while managing risks and being proactive in regard to ever-increasing change and complexity.