Administration and Security
Single Installation, Multiple Portals
DotNetNuke gives support for multiple portals/websites with the help a single database. This permits the software to be installed on a web server and support multiple websites by a single hosting account that is perfect for administrators who give sub-hosting services to their membership, or for web development companies which want to support exclusive websites for each department.
- Host and Administrator Accounts – For users those supporting multiple sites, differentiating the Host from the Administrator is vital.
- Signing in as Host permits the user to manage settings related to website hosting and e-commerce, comprising monthly hosting fees, disk space, and demo period/expiration dates. The Host has access to a list of the entire hosted websites and their personal hosting information, and the ability to edit, modify, or delete a specific site.
Signing in as Administrator permits the user to manage settings that are related to their own person website. The Administrator might edit, change, or delete settings explicit to their own website, but has no access to other web development sites operating under the same host.
- Security Roles and Protected Content – Administrators can describe and assign respective roles for different user groups, like registered users, subscribers, content providers, affiliates, media, etc. After then can grant access and providing editing rights for every group. These rights can be consigned to a single page, whole website, or even to a particular module on a particular page. Individual users might belong to more than one group. Administrators can also establish divide password-protected areas to control web development access.
- Site Log – The website log permits administrator to keep track of the users and visitors though the help of generating reports comprising detailed site log, page popularity, and number users viewed a particular page in single day, page views by hour, page views by days of week, page views by month, user registration by country, user frequency, and user registration by date.
Manage Vendors and Affiliates – Administrators can mange the user by storing detailed contact information, advertising materials and statistical data on website vendors and affiliates. This tool also manages begin and end dates for ad campaigns, tracks impressions, and calculates cost per impression (CPM).
Bulk Email – Administrators can invent and send group of bulk email messages to particular users or groups.
Newsletters – Administrators can only publish newsletters to that group of users whom then administrator is targeting. Newsletters are created and sent as HTML web development documents.
Latest posts by Sandeep Shankar (see all)
- Important Ranking Signals To Float High On Search Engines List - November 23, 2019
- Reach your target audience through search engine marketing services - November 23, 2019
- Key Factors for Successful Ecommerce SEO - November 15, 2019