What exactly the Google penalty is?
The answer is simple and candid. It is a measure by Google in order to punish the websites that violate the guidelines of webmasters. Moreover, a penalty might have varying levels of severity that specifically are responsible for affecting a website. On the contrary, other kinds of penalty is an execution of a complete website from the Google-Index which is also termed as Delisting.
However, it is also easy to distinguish between a keyword’s punishment. Though, there is also a major difference amid the manual as well as algorithmic-penalties. Different forms of the penalty levels are mentioned as follows:
- Delisting (De-Indexing)
- Hostname-level (Subdomain)
- URL- or directory-level
- Domain-wide (sitewide); entire domain-name
- Forms of Penalty
- Kind of Penalty
- Algorithmic penalty
- Manual penalty
Alongside form a kind of penalty, the other question comes is What is an algorithmic penalty? Again, the answer is mentioned below:
An algorithmic penalty is a punishment which automatically gets applied by the Google Algorithm. The algorithms like that of the Google Panda Update and Google Penguin Update are those filters which are specially used for its core metrics which is responsible for checking a website for varied properties. Therefore, it punishes them if anything doesn’t adhere to or violates it. Moreover, if any website gets a hit by the Google Algorithm Penalty then, both the Visibility as well as Findability in the Search Engine Results Pages of any specific filtered domain takes a sudden and dramatic turn for the worse.
What is a manual penalty?
When it comes to the manual penalty an active action has to be taken against a domain. This domain manually gets a review by an employee of Google especially when a domain is suspect in Google Webmaster Guidelines violation. Below listed are some cases that are responsible for inflicting a manual penalty on a website:
- User-generated spam
- Hidden text
- Pure spam
- Unnatural Links to your site
- Thin content with little or no added value
- Unnatural links from your site
- Keyword stuffing
- Unnatural Links to your site
Furthermore, if any website receives a manual penalty from Google then, definitely there would be a proper report of Google Search console or under the menu of manual actions.
Below listed pointers would help you in getting how to recover from the Google Penalties:
- Algorithm vs. Penalty
- Cloaking and/or Sneaky Redirects
- Cloaking: First Click Free Violation
- Cloaked Images
- Hacked Site
- Hidden Text and/or Keyword Stuffing
- Pure Spam
- Spammy Free Hosts
- Spammy Structured Markup
- Thin Content With Little or No Added Value
- Unnatural Links to Your Site
- Unnatural Links From Your Site
- User-generated Spam
- The Takeaway
Therefore, by following all such pointers and steps, one can easily get recover from the punishments of Google Algorithm. Apart from this, you can easily save as well as protect your website with the help and support of such guidelines at ease.
Latest posts by Sandeep Sankar (see all)
- Best Web Development Company Will Enhance Your Online Presence - October 17, 2019
- Hire a digital marketing company in India to climb the digital bandwagon - September 17, 2019
- Tips To Secure Your Website’s Rank Against Regular Google Updates - September 17, 2019